Okay, so it’s raining and the wind is blowing enough to remind you to put on extra layers, but…
Tonight our villages and venues get invaded by ghouls, ghosts, goblins and (gasp!) geeks!
We’ve put down the welders, turned off the machinery and we’re eagerly awaiting the tribe of troublemakers that will show up in our yards tonight! Here at Corten Central, we want you to have the best Halloween experience ever! As you venture out with your little ones, please consider the following tips:
Nothing beats “TRICK-OR-TREATING” with your kids. The experience is magical!!
- Keep little ghosts and goblins safe with costumes that have closed toe shoes and some kind of reflectors.
- As cool as they may look… leave the masks off for the trick or treating.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets.
- Cross at corners and look both ways.
- Only visit homes with their porch lights turned on.
- Carry a flashlight. Carry a big knife. Carry a taser. Carry a bazooka. Safety first! Your mileage may vary.
- Parents, wear comfortable shoes so you can keep your little ones safe by walking with them.
If you’re at home handing out the goodies;
- Resist the urge to jump outta the bushes and scare little kids. (It may be funny for a split second… but it ain’t kosher!) LOL!
- Make sure there are enough outdoor lights on to let kids navigate your walk and porch safely.
- While it’s fun to hide “Trick or Treat tripwires” and snares in the leaves…
Sweep the leaves from the sidewalks and the steps.
- Clear the porch or front yard of any obstacles that a child could trip over. It could be your kid. Be responsible.
- Restrain any household pets (or better yet bring them in the house and put them in a bedroom).
If you’re headed out to a party, remember this;
- Every cop for a hundred miles is on duty tonight. They WILL be looking for YOU.
- Be Safe! Be Sane! Be SOBER!
- There will be idiots and sobriety checkpoints everywhere. Act accordingly!
Now get out there and get some candy!
Guys, take it from an old pro! Remember to hide the goodies in your ManCave after “trick or treating” so that your significant other can’t find them and toss them out while she reminds you that you’ve lost your girlish good looks and figure. LOL!
Be safe and have a great night! Booooooooooo!